The good news we were all hoping for finally came through today.
From 11.59pm tonight community sport is able to resume for both training and competition for all age groups with the below COVID-Safe Principals needing to be followed:
- * Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians).
- * All attendees must check in via QR code
- * Masks must be worn while indoors and outdoors
- * Indoor spaces have a density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm. This will mean that full teams will not fit in our changerooms. * We suggest coming to the ground ready to play.
- * High frequency touch points must be cleaned regularly. Door handles, taps, dugout area etc..
The club is waiting to hear from Hockey Victoria in regards to fixturing but it was previously advised that the matches fixtured for this weekend (Round 12 seniors, Round 10 juniors) will be where what is followed so please check the HV website for your fixtures this weekend. We will pass on any additional information regarding re-fixturing as the information comes to the club.
Training for this week (Wednesday Juniors, Thursday seniors) will be on at the usual times and places unless you hear differently from your coach/team manager.
Hockey Victoria will continue to update their Return to Play Guidelines. This will need to wait for the new Restricted Activity Directions (RAD) to be released on Friday by the Chief Health Officer.
Updated fixtures are on the Hockey Victoria website.
In the meantime, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you on the pitch.